Historic House Museum
Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Rockcliffe Mansion © 2013 All Rights Reserved
Boutique Bed and Breakfast Accommodations
Available March 15th through November 15th
To maintain the integrity of Rockcliffe Mansion as an historic house museum, the Mansion limits the number of available B&B rooms per night to a maximum of four. Once we reach this capacity on any particular night, the remaining chambers cannot be reserved. This limitation allows our Staff to provide the most personal, individual and intimate experience for our guests, while maintaining the Mansion and its artifacts in the best possible state of preservation.
For information regarding the Chambers available, photos and rates, please visit the Pages of our Menu entitled: "B&B: 2nd Floor", "B&B 3rd Floor", or "B&B Suites".
B & B Policies:
By reserving a room at Rockcliffe Mansion you agree to abide by the following B&B policies:
A. General B&B Policies:
1. All rooms are maximum double occupancy (no exceptions);
2. Rockcliffe Mansion, and its grounds, is a NON-SMOKING/TOBACCO FREE property (if you must smoke, you must leave the property);
3. No pets are permitted on the premises or the grounds (no exceptions);
4. Because Rockcliffe Mansion is an historic house museum (with an environment surrounded by delicate antiques), no children 10 years old or younger are permitted to stay overnight;
5. No food or drink are permitted in the Chambers, except for bottled water available in the cooler located in the historic Kitchen, provided free of charge for our B&B guests;
6. Check-in time is no earlier than 4:00 p.m.;
7. Check-out time is no later than 10:30 a.m. (as tours begin at 10:00 a.m.);
8. All reservations must be secured with a credit card;
9. Guests are responsible to pay for any damage occurring during their stay;
10. The owners and/or operators of Rockcliffe Mansion are not responsible for accidents or injuries to Guests, or for the loss of money, jewelry, valuables, or other personal property brought onto the premises.
11. No refunds will be provided for early check-outs.
B. B&B Cancellation Policies:
1. Cancellations made at least seven (7) days in advance of scheduled arrival are subject to a $35.00 handling fee per room.
2. Cancellations made LESS THAN seven (7) days in advance, are also subject to a $35.00 handling fee per room, PROVIDED THAT WE CAN RE-BOOK YOUR ROOM TO ANOTHER GUEST; HOWEVER, IF WE ARE UNABLE TO RE-BOOK THE ROOM, YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE FULL ROOM RATE. CANCELLATIONS MUST BE HANDLED DIRECTLY WITH THE B&B MANAGER.
B & B Amenities
1. Each B&B overnight stay includes a complimentary guided tour of the Mansion (offered during normal tour hours - a $30 value for an adult couple);
2. B&B guests are encouraged to join us in a complementary Wine and Cheese Reception served daily from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. either on the side porch, with spectacular views of the Mississippi and historic town of Hannibal (weather permitting), or in the historic Kitchen;
3. A three-course home-cooked and prepared Breakfast served in the elegant formal Dining Room;
4. Outdoor Seating on the side porch (furnished with cozy wicker furniture) with beautiful views of the Mississippi River, the historic town of Hannibal, and Rockcliffe's formal gardens with cast-iron garden elements, including running fountain;
5. Private Bathrooms;
6. Gilchrist & Soames Toiletries Collection;
7. A/C units (window) in each Chamber;
8. Original radiators (hot water system);
9. Free convenient on-site, off-street parking;
10. Non-smoking/Tobacco-free Premises and Grounds;
11. Pet-freepremises and grounds; and
12. Convenient Gift Certificatesmay be purchased.